If estate planning is on your mind – regardless of the reason or your circumstances – you should consider the benefits of consulting with an estate planning attorney. Upon doing so, you’ll feel less pressure and more inclined to make sound decisions.
Here are some of the many reasons to consult with an estate planning attorney:
- Professional guidance: If nothing else, your estate planning attorney will provide you with all the guidance you need. For example, if you’re trying to decide between creating a will and trust, your legal professional will lay out the pros and cons of both options.
- Someone to answer your questions: You’re likely to have a variety of questions regarding estate planning, all of which you must address as quickly as possible. Rather than search the internet in hopes of finding accurate information, your estate planning attorney can answer all your questions.
- Options you’ve never considered: For example, you may assume that you only need to create a will. However, once you consult with an estate planning attorney, other options will come to light. Maybe you learn that a trust is better for you. Or maybe you find that now’s the time to create a living will and financial power of attorney.
Estate planning isn’t something to take lightly. It’s critical that you know what you’re doing, make sound decisions, and are happy with the plan that you have in place.
If you’re on the fence as to whether or not you should consult with an estate planning attorney, contact us for more information. We’re happy to answer your questions, address your concerns, and put your mind at ease.
With the help of one of our estate planning attorneys, you’ll never again feel alone. We’re there for you every step of the way, both now and in the future.
- How Will You Age in Place and Be Able to Die at Home? - July 5, 2020
- How to Choose the Right Trustee - July 3, 2020
- Beneficiary Designations and Other Non-Probate Transfers - July 3, 2020