The nice thing about having a close relationship with an estate planning attorney is the ability to discuss all your concerns, no matter what they may be. Your legal team is always available to address your concerns, answer your questions, and put your mind at ease.
It’s your hope that you never have concerns to discuss with your estate planning attorney, but don’t expect this to be the case. There are sure to be times throughout your life when you need to consult with your lawyer on a variety of matters.
Here are some of the most common concerns to discuss with your estate planning attorney:
- If you should create both a Will and a trust (or stick with one or the other)
- What exactly will happen to your estate upon your death
- The ins and outs of the probate process and how to help your estate avoid it
- What happens in the event that you’re incapacitated and unable to manage your affairs and make your own decisions
- The steps to take if you find that your estate plan no longer works for you
- How to address estate planning after major life changes, such as having a child or going through a divorce
- What to do if you’re not seeing eye to eye with your loved ones in regards to your estate plan
- How to plan today for the potential need for long-term care in the future
These are just some of the many concerns to discuss with your estate planning attorney. When you feel comfortable bringing these details, among others, to light, it’s easier to feel more confident in your future.
If you need an estate planning attorney by your side, you’re in the right place. Contact us to get in touch with an experienced attorney who will do whatever it takes to answer your questions and address your concerns.