DIY estate planning is tempting. So tempting that many people have gone down this path. But there’s a problem: you’re more likely to make a critical mistake when creating an estate plan without professional guidance.
An estate planning attorney has the experience and knowledge necessary to help you create an estate plan that suits your every want and need.
Let’s dig deeper into how an attorney can help:
- Answers to all your questions: Regardless of what you’re trying to accomplish, you’re likely to have questions. For example, you may be creating your first estate plan. Or perhaps you’re updating a plan that you already have in place. Either way, you can lean on your attorney to provide the answers you’re seeking.
- Professional guidance: This is what you’re looking for. With DIY estate planning, you don’t get this. You’re on your own to make important decisions that will affect you and your family in the future. An attorney will provide professional guidance based on years of experience.
- Someone to turn to in the future: Just because you have an estate plan doesn’t mean it’ll remain the same for the rest of your life. It’ll require changes from time to time, such as if you go through a major life event. It’s a good feeling to know that there’s always someone you can turn to when you have questions, concerns, or need to make changes.
Even if you feel like you have a firm grasp on estate planning, don’t fool yourself into thinking you can do everything on your own. There’s no replacement for an experienced legal team.
If that’s something you’re looking for, we’re here to help. Contact us online or via phone at (817) 899-3286. Our entire team is here to help you with anything and everything associated with estate planning and administration.
- Protecting Your Children from Our Litigious Society - January 20, 2022
- The Passing of a Loved One - January 19, 2022
- It Can Be Scary to Die Without an Estate Plan…the HORRORS of Intestacy - January 18, 2022