Once you create an estate plan, it’s easy to talk yourself into believing that it’ll remain viable for the rest of your life. And while that may hold true with the majority of your plan, there’s a good chance you’ll have to make changes as you age.
For this reason, it’s critical that you develop a relationship with an experienced estate planning attorney that you can trust.
Here are five questions to answer as you begin your search for the perfect attorney (and legal team):
- What types of services do you suspect you may need in the future? This ensures that you consult with a legal professional that can assist you with all your needs. For example, you may want to find an attorney who has experience with both estate planning and estate administration.
- Are they available? When you have a question or concern, you don’t want to wait too long for help. And that’s why you should find an attorney who’s always available to assist you within a reasonable time frame.
- Do you work directly with the attorney? You want to find an attorney with an experienced and knowledgeable team. However, you should have direct access to the attorney as opposed to always working with others.
- How much does it cost? You know that professional legal services cost. That being said, you don’t want to overpay. Have a clear idea of how much the attorney charges, as well as their billing method.
- Have they taken care of you in the past? If you’ve successfully consulted with the attorney in the past, you’ll be confident in their ability to provide the same level of service in the future.
At our law firm, we take great pride in establishing long-lasting relationships with our clients. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re seeking an estate planning attorney you can trust for life!
- The Importance of Advanced Directives – The Terri Schiavo Story - February 25, 2021
- Estate Planning and Protecting Against a Family Dispute - February 24, 2021
- Tax Planning for 2021 - February 23, 2021