People shy away from estate planning for many reasons. At the top of the list is the time that it takes to create a comprehensive estate plan that will give you and your loved one’s peace of mind.
But what if you could create an estate plan in a timely manner? What if you could get everything you want without allowing it to bog you down?
If you’re looking for a way to save time when creating an estate plan, here are some of the best things you can do:
- Consult with an estate planning attorney: At first, it may appear that this will actually slow you down. However, as you get started, you’ll find that it’s much more time efficient than DIY estate planning. Your attorney knows what to do and how to do it, thus allowing them to help you move through the process without delay.
- Know what you want to accomplish: No two people take the exact same approach to estate planning, so outlining your short and long-term goals is critical. Doing this will give your legal team a clear idea of what you hope to accomplish.
- Get down to it: Even if you take the first step in a timely manner, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll expeditiously continue down the same path. Even though you may feel like pulling back along the way, keep going. With the help of your attorney, you’ll end up with an estate plan that you can trust and rely on for years to come.
Spending less time on estate planning doesn’t mean rushing through the process. It means knowing what you want to accomplish and carrying out a sound strategy for doing so.
If you need any help with estate planning, contact us to setup a consultation. We’ll make sure you create the right plan without delay.
- An Irrevocable Trust Need Not Be Scary - May 30, 2023
- Don’t Procrastinate: Five Reasons To Plan Your Estate Now - May 25, 2023
- Estate Planning for Parents With Children in College - May 24, 2023